ARLINGTON, Texas – Competitors, fans and spectators will have six new venues to visit in 2018 during the 14-event schedule on the Professional Women’s Bowling Association Tour.
The 2018 PWBA Tour will begin April 26-28 in Las Vegas, and will conclude with the 16-player, invitation-only PWBA Tour Championship from Aug. 29-Sept. 2.
Along with nine standard events, four major championships will be contested in 2018 including the United States Bowling Congress Queens, PWBA Players Championship, U.S. Women’s Open and the PWBA Tour Championship.
“The 2018 PWBA Tour season branches out to new cities and states, which is a fantastic way to meet and greet new fans,” said PWBA spokesperson Kelly Kulick. “It also opens the doors for more competitors and helps us to build relationships. We’re excited with the schedule and anticipate an adventurous year!”
The PWBA’s new venues include: National Bowling Stadium, Reno, Nevada; Hall of Fame Silver Lanes, East Hartford, Connecticut; Fern Valley Strike and Spare, Louisville, Kentucky; AMF Boulevard Lanes, Edmond, Oklahoma; Cedarvale Lanes, Eagan, Minnesota; and Wayne Webb’s Columbus Bowl, Columbus, Ohio.
Double Decker Lanes in Rohnert Park, California, and Seminole Lanes in Seminole, Florida, will make their third consecutive appearance on the PWBA Tour schedule.
Fountain Bowl in Fountain Valley, California, and Boardwalk Bowl in Orlando, Florida, will make return visits to the PWBA Tour schedule.
Sites for the season-opening Las Vegas Open, the U.S. Women’s Open, and the PWBA Tour Championship will be announced later.
The 2018 PWBA Tour schedule:
* April 26-28: PWBA Las Vegas Open, TBD
* May 3-5: PWBA Sonoma County Open, Double Decker Lanes, Rohnert Park, Calif.
* May 10-12: PWBA Fountain Valley Open, Fountain Bowl, Fountain Valley, Calif.
* May 16-22: *USBC Queens, National Bowling Stadium, Reno, Nev.
* May 31-June 2: PWBA East Hartford Open, Silver Lanes, East Hartford, Conn.
* June 7-9: PWBA Louisville Open, Fern Valley Strike and Spare, Louisville, Ky.
* June 14-16: PWBA St. Petersburg-Clearwater Open, Seminole Lanes, St. Petersburg, Fla.
* June 20-24: *PWBA Players Championship, Boardwalk Bowl, Orlando, Fla.
* June 28-30: PWBA Oklahoma Open, AMF Boulevard Open, Edmond, Okla.
* July 5-7: PWBA Twin Cities Open, Cedarvale Lanes, Eagan, Minn.
* July 12-14: PWBA Columbus Open, Wayne Webb’s Columbus Bowl, Columbus, Ohio
* July 30-Aug. 5: *U.S. Women’s Open, TBD
* Aug. 29-Sept. 2: *PWBA Tour Championship, TBD
Visit PWBA.com for the latest news and information about the PWBA Tour, including complete coverage of the 2017 PWBA Tour season.
About the PWBA
The Professional Women’s Bowling Association (PWBA) originally was formed in 1960. The PWBA Tour has events throughout the country, offering high-level competition and top prize money for women bowlers. The PWBA is supported by the Bowling Proprietors’ Association of America (BPAA) and the United States Bowling Congress (USBC).